This tweak opens Gnome System Monitor when the Ctrl-Shift-Esc key combination is pressed, thus mimicking the behavior of Windows. It’s handy, especially if you have to use both operating systems, and are used to invoking the Task Manager to terminate processes.
So here’s what you do…
- Press Super key to invoke Dash
- Type in “key” to filter the list, and click on the “Keyboard” item to launch it
- Click on the “Shortcuts” tab
- Click on “Custom Shortcuts” and then click the “+” button
- Type “System Monitor” for Name, and “gnome-system-monitor” for Command. Click “Apply”
- Click on the word “Disabled” until it reads “New shortcut…”
- Press “Ctrl-Shift-Esc” on the keyboard
That’s it! Now close the Keyboard dialog, and test it out.